Human Services - Child Support Services
102 Main Avenue North
P.O. Box 340
Thief River Falls, MN 56701
- Locating parents.
- Establishing parentage.
- Establishing and enforcing court orders for child support, medical support and child care support.
- Adjusting court orders based on a Cost-of-living index.
- Working with other states to enforce support when one parent does not live in Minnesota.
- Collecting and processing payments.
Either parent of a child may receive certain support services.
Parents who do not receive public assistance can apply for services at their county child support office.
They are charged a one-time fee.
Parents who receive public assistance for a child whose other parent does not live with them are automatically referred
for child support services. These parents do not pay a fee.
Services we cannot help with
- Legal seperation and divorce.
- Visitation and custody.
- We cannot answer legal questions about custody and visitation.
- Spousal maintenance (alimony) establishment or enforcement.
- collection of unpaid bills, property settlements or other debts not related to support obligations.
- Legal advice or counsel.
You may wish to consult an attorney for assistance with the above issues.
For more detailed information you may call the Minnesota Department of Human Services Interactive Voice Response
case and payment information line at:
(651)215-5630 (Twin Cities Area)
1(800)657-3512 (outside Twin Cities calling area)